Thursday, June 30, 2005

Tools for the mind: Mind map

Mind mapping was introduced to me in 1990/1 during my secondary schooling days back in SDAR, Seremban. It was part of the school 'optional' preparation program for the Malaysia Certificate of Education in short SPM or MCE. I can still recall my amazement towards mind mapping that I immediately fell in love with it. In fact the guys that was with me in that program was mind mapping crazy.

As any other learning tools, usually the tool would fade away after a few months but not with this mapping stuff. My friends and I simply got stuck with it. The ultimate testament was that all of us did managed to score better than we expected to do so.

Since then it was to be my study tool throughout my uni days. Now, since I'm back studying, I've found that mind mapping is still the tool to use. In fact thanks to the technological capability that us human was bestowed, mind mapping now is easier via mind mapping software.

I've managed to get one for free from http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page. It's called Free Mind. Kudos to its developer not ony for developing the wonderful software but sharing it for free as well.

Common' give it a try...

~Re-flectionz of my mind~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment