Monday, August 25, 2008

on the pitch...vs KSRP

I guess this is the first time I've ever blog about my hockey games. The reason for this first posting is perhaps due to the fact that my team didn't learn from our mistakes and not willing to take 'Learning' seriously. In other words, my team didn't 'sharpen the saw' (Covey, 2008). Maybe this would be my next agenda. Or this maybe a good reason for me to stop managing the team.

I'm not Terry Walsh, Volker Knapp or Paul Lissek. They are gurus, master coaches while I'm just nobody compared to them. But we have something in common, perhaps. All of us faced with the challenge of getting the players to learn and make good use of their learning in any hockey match.

I remember when I proposed to that my team commit to attend training once a week, however many protested. Saying that they can't get approval from their bosses to leave the office early. As a result we were not prepared, n lacking in many areas when the league started.

Seems like Deja Vu to me now, just different time n character. I don't know what would it takes for them to realise it. If one refuse to sharpen the saw, then it will take longer to finish sawing the tree down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment